March 14, 2020
At Southern Hills Animal Hospital, the wellbeing of our pets, families, community and staff is always our highest priority. Rest assured, we are reinforcing recommended measures on appropriate hygiene standards recommended by the CDC and closely in coordination with state and local health officials so that timely and accurate information can guide appropriate responses.
The evolving nature of this event requires us to be flexible in how we respond and provide service to our community. Here are some ways we are taking actions.
- We are staggering appointments to limit the volume of people waiting at our veterinary hospital.
- We are encouraging you to call us from the car when you arrive for your appointment. At that point our receptionist will begin the check in process via phone. We can customize your visit to the clinic at that point. 318-686-5945
- Our staff may be limited daily, altering our ability to intake our normal volume of pets. Please know this is in respect to you, our staff, and others present.
- If you are at risk and have a routine appointment scheduled consider a reschedule.
- Our receptionists will be scheduling phone consults for a fee of $25.00 per 15 minutes. We will try to be available for telemedicine and/or phone consultations daily.
- Please visit our website for online ordering of food, treats, medicine, medical supplies, and training & behavior aids for free 3-5 day shipping with no minimum purchase. www.sohillsvet.com. We will still be offering same day curbside pick-up for your regular medical needs at our hospital. Just call us at 318-686-5945 and we will prepare your request.
- We will be disinfecting our premises with protocols and frequency of cleaning following the CDC guidelines. www.cdc.gov
- As always our employees regularly wash their hands, abiding by CDC guidelines of using anti-bacterial soap, washing for at least 20 seconds, and using disposable paper towels and gloves. We are actively instructing sick employees to stay at home and seek medical attention where appropriate.
We appreciate your support by working with us during this difficult time and value our relationship in this community. We will respond to the situation in real-time and provide any further updates to you. Please refer to www.cdc.gov for your most up to date information regarding COVID-19.
Brad Everson, DVM